- The CD "Merry Christmas Aspen" is still available here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tadcwj
- The Weekend 2011 will take place on October 28, 29, and 30, 2011 in Sinzig on the Rhine. Since it will be an anniversary Weekend, after all the club turns 30, we will try to think of something very special. And maybe one ore the other of you has an idea or a wish? Please let us know. And now - as always - we are looking forward to numerous registrations.
- Inge loaded up many many photo albums to the club's website. Photos of John Denver, our Weekends, journeys through the USA and so on. More are to follow… Maybe you want to have a look?
- How many eager TV watchers are among you? On October 12, LEUTE HEUTE showed a report about John. They told about his life, about his music, his commitment for the environment and animals, about the Wheeler Concerts and the Sanctuary in Aspen. Unfortunately, just this episode is not available in the Mediathek…
I may think it is a little unusual that television became aware of John on the THIRTEENTH anniversary of his death of all, but of course I am happy to see he is not forgotten, even here in Germany…
- Sony Music London is working on a CD/DVD with the "John Denver’s Live In London Shows". Tentative time for release is spring 2011. Keep your fingers crossed that it will work out!
- Chris Nole put together a wonderful video with his interpretation of "Poems, Prayers, and Promises" and photos of his time on tour with John and loaded it up to YouTube. Here his words:
POEMS PRAYERS AND PROMISES
In the spirit of celebrating John Denver and his iconic music, here is my solo piano arrangement of John’s masterpiece Poems, Prayers and Promises. Accompanying the track are personal photographic memoirs of us - the band and crew, traveling the world having a great time on the road with John Denver. I am very grateful to have been there – it was truly a wonderful experience. Enjoy, and please share & comment!
- We received a letter from Steve Weisberg, who, as you will know, played in John's band in the 70s...
He plans little sessions with not more than 8 people at a time to come together and share many memorable, comical, spiritual, unspoken experiences.
- The tickets for the two Memorial Concerts at the Wheeler Opera House (October 8-9, 2010) as well as Doin‘ Their Own Thing (October 7, 2010) and the John Adams conzert (October 10, 2010) will go on sale on June 1st Tickets are available here: www.wheeleroperahouse.com.
- Just discovered - there will be a memorial concert in Berlin in November - http://www.larry-schuba.de/Konzert%20John%20Denver.html --- no further details, yet, but after all, it's quite a bit time until November.
- You can find our club now on Facebook as well::
- An audio book about John was published in Germany - you can read further details here:
(Please note that most of it is in German...)
- As some of you know, Pete Huttlinger, Chris Nole and Mack Bailey have given successful concerts in Switzerland twice already.
Well, now there is a chance that we will have concerts in Germany as well...
You can find all infos on the website http://www.johndenverandmore.de --- in case there are any questions, please get in touch with Jessy Schmidt directly (there is a "contact" button on the page).
The project is still at the very beginning, but in case you are interested and would like to be kept up to date, please register for the newsletter there.
- We just received the news that a Tribute Show for John will take place in Alaska again this Summer.
All details can be found in this file ... :-)
- Here (once again) the release of the JD concert in Cedar Rapids from Dec. 10, 1987 is announced - a solo concert without band or orchestra, this will certainly be a special treat.
The linked article mentiones April 20 as release date, but according to our research, they seem to be taking (pre?)orders here already: https://secure.ccmusic.com/item.cfm?itemid=CCL60022
However, overseas postage is id="mce_marker"1,50 - maybe we should wait a while?
- John mother, Erma Louise Deutschendorf Davis, died on January 17th after an illness at the age of 87 in Denver