- Our Denver Weekend will take place on September 23. and 24 in 2006, as always in the Freiwegheim in Sinzig.
- Kris O'Connor's website reports that John's 1987 solo concert in Cedar Rapids will soon be releaed by BMG.
- Also at the Wheeler Opera House, this time on October 10, 2005, John Adams will do a concert with the titel "Rocky Mountain High: Celebrate John Denver with John Adams and Friends"
- In 2005 again, Memorial Concerts for John will take place in Aspen statt - on October 7th, (Special guest is Mike Taylor, with whom John wrote "Rocky Mountain High" among others) and on October 8th. (Special guest is - in celebrtion of the 40st anniversary of John joining the trio - the Chad Mitchell Trio).
Tickets are available directly from the Wheeler Opera House in Aspen.
- Organized by John Denvers Windstar Foundation, the New Choices for Your Future Symposium will take place in the Fall.
30. September - 1. Oktober 2005 - Snowmass,CO
Dr. Jane Goodall ... Jane Goodall Institute
Thomas Crum ... Aiki Works
Rodger Schlickeisen ... Defenders of Wildlife
George Sterzinger ... Renewable Energy Policy Project
Michael Reynolds ... Earthship Biotecture
Melissa Poe ... Kids F.A.C.E.
Further info is available at Windstar
- In Australia, McDonald’s has been using „Annie’s Song“ for one of their advertisements.
- In England, John's Autobiografie "Take Me Home" has been rereleased, this time in a paper back edition. It is the complete book, along with all the photos, just a little smaller.
- The announced DVD "A Song's Best Friend – John Denver Remembered" is now on the market here in Europe. Jochen tells you more about it elsewhere in this newsletter.
Right now it is available f.e. from Amazon for 19,99 € .
- in Japan the following albums we released "remastered", each of them with a bonus track:
Spirit (Bonus-Track: Like a Sad Song)
It is planned to release these albums soon in Europe and the United States as well, most likely starting with “Rocky Mountain High” and “Back Home Again” in the first half of 2005.
- "The Mitchell Trio - Alive" was released on CD! You can order it from here .
- After a break of one year, Kerstin Siewek will do another concert with John Denver Songs in Gelsenkirchen on October 28. Further details (like directions to get there) can be found on her website.
- On Sunday, March 3rd, GoldstarTV shoed a special about John. It will be released on DVD later this year as well.
- John was inducted into the Country Hall of Fame Germany on January, 29 2005 in the course of the 13th Country Gala in Erfurt. The German American Country Music Federation (GACMF) was hosting this event. Roy Rivers, who was one of the performing artists (he sang “Thank God, I’m A Country Boy”) , accepted the award (photo on the left, with thanks to Roy) and will soon pass it on to John’s family. Finally, he sang “Take Me Home, Country Roads” to a standing ovation and describes this experience as very touching. The Gala was shown by the MDR on February 12th.