2002 and before
- On October 4th und 5th, 2003 we will meet again for our annual Denver Weekend.
- The film "Take me Home - The John Denver Story" about John is available on DVD from amazon.de - here is the direct link. Price ist 15,99 Euro plus postage. Please note that this DVD is in region code 2 (Europe), so please make sure your player can play this format. Opinions about the film are rather different - just make up your own mind... ;-)
- At amazon.com you can now order "Rocky Mountain Holiday" on video and DVD! Here is the link to the DVD. This one is in region code 1 (USA and Canada).
- As you may know, John recorded the song "Perhaps Love" in Danmark together with Lene Siel - this morning, I visited the lady's website --- and believe it or not, I found a video showing John and Lene in the studio together, singing the song! Follow this link - then go down the songlist with the little arrows to the last song, and you will see "Video".
- A book, lovingly illustrated by Christopher Canyon, about "Sunshine On My Shoulders" can be ordered from amazon.de - here is the referring link. This is the hard cover edition with CD (includes "Sunshine On My Shoulders" and "The Music Is You", sung by John) - the book is also available without CD and as paperback.
- Two Mitchell Trio Alben with have been published on a CD - you can order it here. The CD includes "That's The Way It's Gonna Be" and "Violets Of Dawn". It costs $ 18,95, you have to add postage.
- Some of you may have heard about this guitar already – Taylor, the guitar trademark John mostly playes, release a guitar in memory of John. Here you can see some photos.
- A tribute song for John is on the market in Germany - here you can hear a sample in mp3-format - with a heartfelt thank you to the singer , Thomas Rothfuss, for allowing us to introduce the title here. "Take me Home, John Denver" has been available as a CD Single since August 15th, 2002.
- In the USA in April and in Germany in early Juli, another Live-Album from John was released - it is called "The Harbor Lights Concert" and includes two previously unreleased songs - the Country Classic "El Paso" and the John Denver composition "Kissing You Goodbye". You can get the album from here:
- Country.de had a special portrait of John in January and February 2002.
For Country fans, a visit to this (German) page is always worthwhile...
- Cherry Lane Music published a book in March 2002 with (as they say) all lyrics from John. Well, "all" lyrics is said a bit too much, but it is still a rather extensive compilation and should be part of any John Denver collection.
The book can be ordered from here:
- On January 23, 2001, RCA - a lot of you will say FINALLY - released John's album "Autograph" on CD. Besides the songs from the LP, it will also include two bonus tracks, "Dance Little Jean" and "On The Wings Of An Eagle".
- "An Evening With John Denver" is also available again as a double CD - and it also includes some bonus tracks now.
- John's guitar player Pete Huttlinger released a John Denver guitar style instructional video - here you can learn how to play 7 of John's song "original" style. Further info can be obtained here.
- "Country Roads" was one of THE party hits in Summer 2001 in a House version. (By the way exactly 30 years after John was in the charts with this song!)
More infos are available directly from the Hermes House Band, who re-recorded the song.