- "All Aboard" finally wins the Grammy John would have deserved for such a long time already. Since he unfortunately cannot accept it himself anymore, his children substitute for him.
- In March, John is presented with the Genesis Award for his life's work. His brother Ron accepts it for John.
- The Daystar Commission posthum presents John with a doctor's degree in philosophy...
- The International Center for Tropical Ecology establishes a scholarship to honor John.
- "Colors In Time" is released – one of countless tribute albums for John. This one was recorded by his band members Pete Huttlinger and Chris Nole and is certainly one of the best!
- The final report from the NTSB regarding John's crash is released – but even this one doesn't give real information about the reason for the accident…
- In August, work starts in Aspen to establish the John Denver Sanctuary in memory of John in the Rio Grande Park.
- In October, once again an album with unknown recordings from John from his time with RCA is re-leased – they call it "Forever John".
- Instead of "Menschen für Menschen", we support the Deutsche Leukämiehilfe with a donation this year, an organization supporting people suffering from leukemia. Gudrun Hoppe, who gave us the idea to collect for them due to her own illness, is now, in January 2001, Thank God doing very well again after a bone mark transplantation; no signs of leukemia any more!!
- Unfortunately, two of our little trees died; on the Weekend, we replace them with new planting activities.
- Again a trip to the USA, which we report about in detail; this time it has a sad occasion. We participate in the events on the occasion of the first anniversary of John's death in Aspen.